Saturday, October 20, 2007

From Now On

From now on, I refuse to talk about college football. This is your only warning.

I had to rip out all of the work I had done on the next strip for Baby J's afghan. I was SO pissed. I dropped a stitch, and before I realized it, it had fallen down five or six rows, involving yarn overs and slip passed over stitches. Thank God I was only 23 rows in. Then I got to the same spot and somehow had done the wrong rows at the wrong time, and I couldn't tell where exactly that started. Being the perfectionist that I am, it made be see red and lose faith in all things yarn. That's a bad place to be in, I'm sure you understand.

It was not my night for knitting or anything else. I just wanted to cry. I didn't sleep well last night. I'm in the middle of my Autumn "Everything must be clean and organized and in it's place" mode, but I have no time - read me NO TIME - to do anything about it. I ran errands with Mama and My Darling this morning, which left me sore and tired. I found a stretch mark. An ugly, hot pink, stretch mark on my lower abdomen. I guess that's why I haven't felt so much lately like my belly was going to rip open and have Baby J come flying out. The thing that I'm not talking about didn't go well. And my knitting was not keeping me sane. In fact, it was letting me down. I just need to go to bed and cry.

Update:
Mama helped me clean out and organize my closet. I feel loads better. Yay for organized closets! Now the only clothes in there are my pregnancy ones that fit now. :) I can now see what I have to wear! My mind has found some peace.

No comments: