Sunday, October 7, 2007

Workin' Workin' Workin'

Great progress has been made on the afghan for Baby J. I am now almost halfway done with it and I am able to work on it much more lately and at a faster pace. I have completely memorized the pattern now and only have to keep track of what number row I'm on. And yet I want to put it away and not look at it again. I am nearing burnout but still going strong. I took almost a week off already and then worked like a demon and got two strips done in one week. That's pretty good, if I do say so myself. If I can keep up the pace, then I'll be done completely (including border) by the end of the month. Then I can move on to faster projects. Keeping that in mind is a wonderful motivation, but what really keeps me going is seeing it come together. I have the white, pink, yellow, green, and blue strips put together, and the purple will follow on Tuesday or so. It really looks wonderful. I'm a little unhappy about the "loopy" end, but I'm hoping the border will help make that less pronounced. If I ever use this pattern again (note the if) then I'll be sure to do four or six rows of stockinette first to keep it even on the ends.

Now, none of this description helps you at all, because I don't have any pictures for you, at the moment. I took some photos. Then I took more photos. And they're really quite nice ones. But I can't find my camera cord to connect it to the computer. As soon as I find it, there will be some new photos. And you will be amazed.

(And if you don't get the reference of my post title, that's okay. It's from an ancient tv show I used to watch reruns of at 2am when I was a teenager, holed up in my room, refusing to sleep. God, I was such a rebel!)

No comments: