Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's been a long time

Baby J's blanket:

So here is the latest photo of Baby J's blanket. I'd be a lot farther along if I hadn't taken a break, twice. To be honest the second break was forced by factors beyond my control. The first break of one week was because I was SOOOOO tired of this one pattern, that I was becoming a little violent about it. Since I want only love knit into this blanket for my first born child, I decided a break was in order. Then, over the weekend, I forgot my knitting bag a work. Yes, I said that right. I forgot my knitting bag. I don't know how this happened. I can only say that I am very VERY pregnant and having a hard time moving around and am very uncomfortable all the time, particularly when I'm having contractions, which happens pretty regularly, and so I get a bit distracted sometimes. I'm going to make this the center portion of the afghan. I'll add a pink (already finished and being blocked) and a yellow strip (almost done) to the left side, and a purple and blue on the right, then add a green border. That will make the size about right for a baby afghan, and it won't be too organized and linear looking. As a scientist, I do tend to make things a bit too orderly for my own good. In creative endeavors that's not always a good thing.


ANYONE NAMED RACHEL, MARY, KRISTIN, CHERI, OR BILL NEED TO LEAVE THIS BLOG NOW!!!!!!!!! OR YOU WILL SPOIL YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENT SURPRISE. SO LOOK AWAY NOW AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO GET SOMEONE ELSE TO LOOK FOR YOU! I WILL FIND OUT AND I WILL GET REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!










YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! LOOK AWAY NOW!!!!!!





























Okay, on with the blog.
While I was without what I needed to work on Baby J's blanket I finished 3 crochet projects I had lined up. They are for my sister's in law for Christmas and here they are:

For Rachel:

For Mary:

For Kristin:

I tried to get photos that showed the color better, but hopefully you can get the idea about how gorgeous these really are. It's hard to see in these pictures, but the stitches are different in each one. I picked out a pattern I thought would best suit each one, and they didn't take long to make. I still have one for my mother-in-law and one for my father-in-law to make yet. I think they will really like them.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The blanket looks just beautiful. Absolutely stunning. I can't believe how gorgeous that's coming out, especially since the photo on the web was just not cute at all. You definitely saw something in that pattern that I did not. :-)

The scarves are lovely. Your sisters are lucky!