Thursday, October 11, 2007

Camera Cord MIA

I still can't find my camera cord, and I'm becoming a little desperate. I have the afghan for Baby J half assembled (minus the edging) and yet no picture to show. The last time I showed a photo of this WIP it was a quarter assembled, so now with all the colors it's even more impressive - AND YET I CAN'T SHOW IT OFF!!!!!! So frustrating. I'm knitting like an insane person (if such a thing were possible for a knitter) so I think I may be able to finish this afghan by the end of the month, including the edging. That would be great, because I'm not sure how early Baby J is going to be, and there were a couple of other things I wanted to make him before he's born. Okay, I realistically only have time for one other project, but whatever. I'll take what I can get.

I have been SO good lately. I've wanted to skip work and go yarn shopping. Have I done this? No. I look at my knitting bag, my crochet bag, my almost done quilt still on the sewing table, the other two knitting bags, the hand sewing bags, and I refrain. The urge to cast on is huge! Why? I have some really nice things to work on and yet there are so many things that call to me to cast on! If I give in, then I may never finish a single project. Ever. This is my greatest fear, hence the great restraint. I even have my stash stashed away so I can't see it and have to go to some trouble to get to it. (Do I know how to avoid temptation or what?) But, this whole being good thing sucks and it's getting old. After I finish Baby J's afghan (I swear, pictures will arrive as soon as I can find the @#&%*#$*!$#& camera cord), I will allow myself to shop for and buy and cast on a new baby project. Then I can't buy or cast on until the Christmas crochet is done. (ha HA! That won't take long! The fingers fly over crochet!)

See how good I am? See? I can do it.

Stop laughing. I can do it! Really!

Seriously, if you laugh any harder, you'll need Depends.

Stop it.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

It's not that funny. I have will power.

Yes, I do!

No comments: