Sunday, August 19, 2007

Working Hard and Hardly Resting

My advisor aggravates me! Damn absent minded professor syndrome! That's all I have to say about it.

Baby J scared me this week. He wasn't moving much. He's usually so active that I think he must be doing gymnastics in there every couple of hours. But this week he moved only a few times a day. So yesterday I woke up and was a bit upset. But I sat down and had breakfast, and as I did he started doing his normal back flips and karate kicks in there. :) I was so happy. I was pretty stressed out all week, so maybe that put some stress on him, and once I felt better so did he. I also read that babies will go through periods of lethargy, or they'll be faced backwards and you won't feel the movements as much. Whatever the cause, I'm happy he's back to his normal hyper self, even if my bladder takes a beating. ;)

I visited a old friend, Jackie, yesterday, and we had a great time. She as a new guinea pig named Wiggy. Her older guinea pig, Proxie (after Proxima Centauri, haha fellow astro nerd!) is doing well, spunky as ever. I was with her when she got Proxie two years ago. Both guinea pigs are very friendly. In fact, Wiggy just sat in my arms and purred (trilled is more like it). I had a guinea pig when I was a kid, and she always bit me and drew blood. I was always gentle with her, but she still bit me. She was from a pet store, so maybe she hadn't been socialized enough or had been mistreated. When we moved overseas, we gave her to a guinea breeder to take care of. We later heard she was doing very well and had several cage mates of both genders whom she would play with. Anyway. Jackie is doing well, and we had a great time catching up.

A new girl moved into the apartment. She seems nice. She's an art major from Great Britain.

I can't wait to go home. I have a lot of things I want to do and I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again. And I have some dog training to do. Murphy has serious separation anxiety, so have some work to do with him. I need to do some obedience with him and there are some desensitization exercises that should help. We're also going to set up a room in the basement to put all of them in while we're going. We can't actually crate Murphy because he seems to have some severe claustrophobia. Strange. Genuine claustrophobia is rare in dogs, but Murphy clearly has it. Also, severe separation anxiety is pretty uncommon. He didn't have any problems until I left for the summer. Poor baby. Also, I have some wedding gifts to put away, and do stuff with. And a nursery to put together. :)

I'm almost done with the second strip of my baby afghan. It's a good thing I have 19 weeks to finish it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.