Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Football Injuries and a Rant




So the Husband and I went to a 49er's preseason game against Denver. Denver won after the 49er's failed three separate times to follow through on excellent setups that should have resulted in touchdowns. For a preseason game it was pretty exciting. Clearly there were some guys actually fighting to impress the coaches so get some play time during the season. They didn't just sit down anytime they had the ball like most preseason games. While we were there the sun was setting in front of us, beaming straight into our eyes, so I took the Husband's blue Notre Dame hat. To replace his now stolen hat, I bought him a red 49er's hat to match his red 49er's sweatshirt, which he was wearing. Other than for our wedding, I don't think he's ever been so well coordinated! He proudly wore his 49er's gear, while I proudly wore my Notre Dame ensemble. Now I ask you, who was the sharper dresser? (Although, I do look chubby in that photo! boooooo!)

The only hiccup in our outing was when I overstretched the ligaments in my abdomen (ask me how it was a ligament) while trying to let someone by me on the bus back to the BART station. I can tell you that the round ligament pain I've been having is nothing to whatever the hell it was I did to the ligament. I thought maybe I'd torn it, but today it feels okay, if somewhat more sore than normal. Damn changing body.

I love Baby J and am thrilled to be having a baby, but this whole pregnancy thing is very inconvenient and uncomfortable at times. All those women who loudly proclaim how much they loved being pregnant and how much they miss it must not remember what it was like. I don't hate it, mind you, but it's annoying far too regularly. And seriously, morning sickness is just awful! Thank God I'm done with that! One friend of mine was only a little nauseous in the mornings, but me... well, it was bad. Projectile bad. All day. Yuck. Anyway. I really have been healthy, so I shouldn't complain, but I'm human, so I will occasionally. ;)

No comments: