Sunday, August 12, 2007

Finally, Some Progress is Made!



I finished the first strip. It looks rather bluish in the photos, but it really is white. The edges are rolling somewhat even after stretching it due to the stockinette on the sides. I'll block it to check the length when I get home. It's still in the range of average sized baby blankets, so it should be fine, but it is 250 rows. Now I'm doing the next color, because I got tired of looking at the white. I need variety! I also decided to do a purl cast on. It looks better and will be easier to pick up stitches from for the edging. And the edging... I can't decide if I want to do it all in white, a color, or cycle through the colors. Okay, so Baby J will be a boy, but that doesn't mean the edging has to be in blue. I'm leaning toward cycling through the colors, starting and ending in white.

So I got all this done, despite the home front drama. Not with Husband. Him, I can talk to and come to compromises with, and he won't take advantage of me. Not so with this person. I think my blood pressure has gone up at least 10 points. Baby J is still moving normally, so it doesn't seem to have put any real stress on him.

2 comments:

Marian said...

beautiful feather stitch!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness.. that's so beautiful!! I love it!