Friday, August 17, 2007

Mostly Good News

The home front is peaceful again, after a day of fighting. All is resolved. :) I made brownies. Chocolate fixes everything. :)

I get to dog sit and house sit for a friend next week. She has an adorable little dog and she's a sweet person, so I'm happy to do it for her.

One of my collaborators died this week. He was pretty old and had been sick for a while, so it wasn't unexpected. But it's still sad. He was a nice guy and he was very healthy until the last few years. He had a brilliant mind and was a world class mountain climber. He was a cool old dude.

I've finally gotten some knitting done and it makes me so happy. I have a fifth of the next strip done already. Okay, that's only 50 rows, but give me a break here, I'm working on it!

Mama did well in her class. Yay, Mama! And her friends at the office know about the baby now, and are thrilled for us. Her boss was a little worried that she'd leave to become a "full time Grandma". Haha. The woman needs Mama and she knows it. So Mama assured her she wouldn't be leaving.

Okay, back to knitting. :)

No comments: