Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh, the Agony!

I won't be able to finish Baby J's afghan in time. Even if he isn't born early (which I'm still convinced he will) I won't be able to finish it. I can only knit about 50 stitches before my right hand goes completely numb and I have to wait a half hour for enough feeling to return to knit again. What kind of progress can a person make with a rate that slow?! WWAAHH!! The numbness is a result of pregnancy induced carpel tunnel syndrome. The doctor said it should go away within 6 weeks of delivery. 6 weeks! Mama assures me it doesn't take that long for most of the water retention to go away, so I should be able to knit again before then. But until then... WWWWAAAAHHHH!!!! Sadness!

I have made a decision about the size of the afghan. I've added the next pink and yellow strips and am working (if you can call 50 stitches an hour working) on a purple, then I will do a blue strip. The purple and blue strips will be added to the other side of the afghan so that green is what would be next on either side, and so that green is the center strip. Then I'll add a green border to the whole thing. So I'm very close to being done, really. And yet I can't just finish it. Pity me.

No comments: