Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm on Ravelry! (and Baby J afghan update)

I had time to knit this weekend. So guess what I did? I didn't knit. Knitting on this afghan is already getting a bit old. I have the pattern memorized (mostly, I only need to look at it 2 or three times per 10 rows to double check which stitch sequence I'm doing) and it's getting monotonous. It's really beautiful, and I'm thrilled with it and I'm 25% done. Only 25% done. But the colors are gorgeous, the pattern is lacy but not too "holey" or fragile. I really need to just suck it up and keep moving. The photos of Baby J with his blanket will be such an awesome reward for all this work. It may wear out from use, but I'll always have the photos, and seeing him using it will be the best part. (I'm doing a bit of the cheer leading stuff at myself to make me work on it, but I'm feeling a bit better after having had a couple of days away.) I think if I ever do this pattern again, I'll add several rows of stockinette to the start and finish of the strips so that the bottom edge doesn't "bubble" out so much. You can see it did the same for others who did this pattern. Annoying, but not enough to start over.

Ravelry is awesome! My screen name is saneknitter. I finally got the flickr photos linked in properly (um, I forgot to make the photos public, my bad) but it's still not checking my blog. It's found it and on my profile the correct page is there and the link works properly, but it doesn't seem to be reading it otherwise and updating the post info. I wonder what I'm doing wrong now. It's embarrassing that I'm having any trouble with this when I work with computers and programming all day. Oh, well. Live and learn to deal with humiliation. ;)

No comments: