Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Baby Blanket

I've decided to stop wasting time trying to get my blog updated with all my old projects. I'm just going to put in what I'm doing now and move on. :)

I am currently obsessed with making a new baby blanket. I liked the pattern on this website:
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/baby/lace.htm
However, I wanted to use 6 different colors, and I couldn't go against the "grain", so to speak. So I modified it into strips. I started making it with a garter stitch on the sides, but after knitting for way too long, I found the seaming was not going to look the way I wanted. So I pulled out a week's worth of hard work, and I'm sick over it. I'll be using the mattress method for joining, which I haven't used before, so it'll be a nice experiment. Here are my colors:

3 comments:

Amanda said...

All the colors look so cute! Sorry that you had to rip out all that knitting. Doing that always breaks my heart. The pattern that you are using looks fabulous!! I can't wait to see how it's progressing. (After the Big Day of course!)

Sarah said...

I didn't know you had a blog!
Is that Dale of Norway yarn?

Shelley said...

Good eye! Yes it is. It's called Stork and it's 100% cotton.