Saturday, December 1, 2007

Let it Snow... Let it Snow... Let it Snow!!!

It's snowing! They say we'll get 2-3 inches by morning, so no blizzards, but a nice dusting. I just love the snow. It's so pretty and puts me in a wonderful Zen-ish mood. There's just something so peaceful about a blanket of white covering and smoothing over the landscape.

The blood test results are in and I don't have preeclampsia. However, my blood pressure is still a little high, so I have to take it easy. The numbness in my hands gets worse and better periodically, so I'll just have to knit when I can for as long as I can. The doctor I saw yesterday said I was on track to be full term, but told me to watch for signs on when to go to the hospital. So I guess I could go into labor at any time, but I could go another four weeks. Another four weeks of having useless stubs on the end of my arms when I have a bunch of knitting and crochet to do is a bit distressing. Pregnancy is a serious pain. Thank God it's for such a good cause. I'm very excited and impatient to have Baby J born and in my arms, especially now that he's fully mature and only gaining weight from now until birth. His growth slowed and is now about on track with standard fetal size, so that is a bit of a relief for me if he's going to go full term. I must say that the recent eruption in new stretch marks tells me he may be hitting another growth spurt. I guess we'll see.

So knitting. All other projects have been pushed aside for Baby J's blanket in the hopes that it can be finished prior to his birth. I finished the purple strip and am working on the blue one. I don't even have 10 rows done and I started it 2 days ago. *Sigh* I've been debating with myself about what stitch to have on the border. The first thoughts were of making it in stockinette like the rest of the blanket, but it'll have the tendency to roll up, which would be annoying. So the next thoughts went to garter and moss stitches. I really like the moss stitch, but I don't know if it would be right. More investigation is needed.

No comments: