Saturday, April 25, 2009

Knitting Miscellany and a Ewe-Nique Store Found

I've finished four sweaters since December, two for Renna and two for Jamie. Now I'm working on a pair of socks and a scarf for Janessa for Christmas. Soon I'll be starting Renna's blanket which will be in a lace weight held double. I'll also be starting (over) another pair of socks. I'll also be starting another sweater, this one for Renna, then one for Jamie.

I got the KnitPicks options interchangeables and I love them. I also got the fixed circulars in the smaller sizes. The wires of the KnitPicks needles are the best I've ever used, very soft and pliable (even without boiling!). I also like their yarn. I've made both of Jamie's sweaters and one of Renna's from KnitPicks yarn. It's inexpensive but still excellent quality.

I've also found a new favorite yarn store in Goshen called Ewe-Nique Knits. I heard of it from someone in a knitting group I've started going to that meets once a month. I also met the owner online through Ravelry. So Mama and I went one Saturday, and I got some great yarn. I found two that I made into a sweater for Renna, and one was the lace weight for Renna's blanket. I also got the sock yarn there on another trip. I love this place! We even made the 45 minute drive for a knitting night, which we'll be doing again soon.

No comments: